The Vitow® has been developed to offer a competitive alternative to slit-tape for automated fiber placement.
Our towpregs are impregnated with low tack resin system RV201 and calibrated to ¼’’ or ½’’ wide with a 10mm wide backing foil. Each spool is delivered with a certificate of conformity that indicates the width tolerance: >90% of the length must fit in the tolerance of 6,35mm +/- 0,5mm.
Vitow® range of products offer many advantages:
– No cut fibers on the edges, each tow being impregnated individually: less maintenance of your fiber placement robot
– No splice: fiber areal weight can be optimized up to the cutting blades max capacity
– Runs on Coriolis Composites robots at full speed. Compatible with MTorres AFP robots
– Available with many fibers: HS carbon, IM carbon, glass, aramide…
– Small MOQ: 6 spools if standard, 12 spools if specific inquiry
– Low cost
This product is used for the production of marine foils, wheel rims and non structural aerospace applications.