VITECH Composites manufactures Towpregs of grades 3K, 6K, 12K, 24K (Based on E, R, S glass fiber or cabon fiber 240 to 550 GPa modulus) using our own formulation of chemical B-stage epoxy called “RV405”, which was specifically designed for the Filament Winding process.
Our “RV405” range of Towpregs are curable within or out of autoclave in a range of temperature from 80 °C to 120 °C with a maximum dry Tg of 120 °C.
“RV405” Towpregs comply with REACH regulations.
Shelf-life at room temperature is around 4 weeks and can reach 12 months when stored at -18 °C.
For special requests, VITECH can impregnate any fiber from 6K to 50K with a MOQ of 12 spools.
A few standard towpregs are kept in stock as listed below:
1. HS carbon 24K (UTS50 24K) – 6-8mm wide
2. HS carbon 12K (TR50S 12K)– 6-8mm wide
3. HS carbon 12K (TR50S 12K) – 3-5mm wide
4. HS carbon 6K (TR50S 6K) – 3-4mm wide
5. HM carbon (HR40 12K) – 3-4mm wide
6. E Glass (EC14 1200tex) black resin
7. E Glass (EC14 2400tex) black resin